- This event has passed.
Life’s a Beach Triathlon
June 8 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Life’s A Beach Triathlon is the fun triathlon that almost anyone can finish!
Heard your serious triathlon friends talk about shaving seconds off their transition times? Well, at Life’s A Beach “transition time” means how long it takes to get you from the finish line into beach bash mode–dancing in the sand to the beat of our live music or chillaxing with a cold beverage while waiting for your friends to finish. At our Hampton event, the finish line is right next to the beer garden and stage–site of our Bodacious Beach Bash After-Party.
Register for the triathlon HERE.
EVENT DISCIPLINES AND DISTANCES
Almost Anything Goes Swim–200 yards
- Want to use fins? Be our guest! Want to use a boogie board? Awesome!
Chillaxin’ Bike–5 miles
- Our Hampton bike course is all concrete or paved road!
- Beach cruisers or mountain bikes highly recommended!
Beach Run–2 Miles
- On the run you’ll have some fun, beach-themed obstacles to keep you smiling!
- And, where else can you hurdle pink flamingoes and limbo at the finish line?
BACK FOR 2019: LIFE’S A BEACH EXTREME 8AM START WAVE
We are again turning our 8am wave into a more challenging version of Life’s A Beach Triathlon. Participants will do double the distance and be faced with some other (we’re still working on these) unique beach-oriented challenges. This wave will cost a little more, but participants will get an even more unique race shirt and finisher’s medals.
Want to race with your family? We allow racers down to 9 years old AND you can all sign up for the same starting wave! That’s right–start waves are not based on age group–you choose! So, you can also race next to friends and coworkers!
We’ll even have a free Hatchling Dash Kid’s Run (with medals!) for the younger kids–so bring along the entire family for some beach fun!
LIfe’s A Beach Triathlon Booty
- 2019 LAB T-Shirt
- Turtle/Bottle-Opener Finisher’s Award
- LAB Tri Temporary Tattoo
- Post-Race Snack and Drink
- 2 Beers Included (for those of legal drinking age: must bring ID)
- Music to dance and celebrate to!
Life’s A Beach Triathlon Gives Back
- In Hampton, we work with Healthy Families and the Chesapeake Bay Foundation.
- We also welcome other non-profits to our expo (free of charge, but at our discretion).
Event details and schedule
Friday, June 7
- 3:30pm-7:30pm: Racer Packet Pick-Up Buckroe Beach Park
- 3:30pm-7:30pm: Life’s A Beach Expo at Buckroe Beach Park
Saturday, June 8
- 6:00-7:30am Racer Packet Pick-Up
- 6:15-7:45am Transition Area Open/Bike Check-in
- 8:00am First Starting Wave!
- 8:30am Live Music Jammin’
- 10:45am (approximately) Hatchling Dash Kids Run
- 11:15 am (approximately) Awards Ceremony
- Bodacious Beach Bash After-Party: Starts as soon as you finish!
- Downtown Hampton After-After Party TBA–stay tuned! Party the night away!